submitted by lifebane on Jul 31st, 2007
Tags: feedback, lifebane, necro issues, top 10
Greetings fellow defilers of the recently deceased. I have compiled the many posts, emails, pm's and such that I received and come up with the current necro Top 10 based on extremely scientific methods... stroke count! The more an item was mentioned, the more strokes it received. When all the information was sorted, I tallied up the strokes and used those totals to sort the list.
Here is the list of the top 10 necro issues by the necro community .
Top 10 Issues
1. Chunking Problems with pets. This includes evac, underworld journey, crossing a chunk, or being summoned.
2. PET INFO NEEDED: Let us see which buffs our abomination currently has and time remaining for them, stats, numerical health. Stc
3. Pathing Problems with pets. Adding an ability to summon your pet to your side and clear it's aggro state and attack target (when master is not in combat) might help fix his warping ways.
4. Dark Elf Racial: if you summon the dragon then dismiss it and resummon the abomination you need to re-equip all of the grafts for the abilities to show, or dismiss the abomination and recast it a second time
5. Have the wraith graphical appearance change every 10 levels as the lich form does and improve the look.
6. Levitate causing problems with movement due to changes in elevation.
7. Let more than one necromancer be able to "use" corpses. As it stands there is a huge disincentive to grouping with other necros since only one can necropsy, one can vile ritual, etc.
8. DoT information disappears from mobs "debuff" list when you change targets
9. Ghostly acolyte and such pets ( the ones that are supposed to increase hp / mana regen ) only currently do so when someone is at 50% or less and the amount is too small.
10. The Plague bearer minion's ability doesn't function properly with soul blight active on mobs, buff conflict.
As an added bonus to our dev buddies, here are the 10 "runner ups" who who were not quite as unpopular yet still an annoyance to be certain.
10 additional issues, but not as "unpopular" as the top 10!
1. Pet names reset back to "Abomination" every time you log out.
2. Rest of the dead (feign) does not always clear mob aggro so they stay and camp the feigned necro.
3. If a mob is already debuffed with Soul Blight and you recast it, it cancels the original buff rather than extend the length of the effect. Same if two necros cast it on the same mob.
4. Spectre's Touch. It has a place in our spell line as a Cold-based DD spell, but the cast time is outrageous
5. Devouring Shadows does not stack between two necromancers. This makes duoing or grouping with multiple necros a bit harsh
6. "You can't see your target' messages are an annoyance and occur often and often the target "is" visible and not blocked.
7. If you're buffed with Corruption or Shadow Feast and you log out, then back in again, it resets some of the bonuses to 0, making it so you need to recast them for the benefits
8. Necromancers need a better graft system. Many of the grafts are useless and lack of information/numbers/and effects is very disappointing. More useful grafts, detailed graft info, by location graft tab, etc
9. Invis to the undead is does not work well, either make it so only that spell works against the undead or give us reg invis like everyone else.
10. Auto use of grafts does not function correctly so we are forced to create a macro.
These issues will be posted on TTH, Vault, and the official forums as well as forwarded on to Avair and Taliskar today. Thanks all for taking the time to give feedback.
Necromancer Class Leader