submitted by lifebane on Feb 14th, 2007
Tags: guide, hotkeys, macros, necromancer
Back again I see... what is it this time? hrmm.. So you don't like having to target your corpse, then grab the things on it.. you want to just press a magic button and do it all huh? And you want to yell attack or backoff and have all your pets and minions obey at the same time? Sounds like laziness to me. But who am I to judge a fellow necromancer. Then again I might use a trick or two myself umm... but you didn't hear that from me.
Macro Macro Macro.... everyone loves the effect a few good macros can have on their gameplay. It's a great way to relieve some of the more tedious or redundant tasks and dare I say a means to offset possible flaws in design to some extent. This guide will not in any way try to cover the full scope of every possible macro for all possible situations. This is strictly looking at Macros to make the life of a Vanguard Necromancer a bit easier. Some might be useful to other classes, but that is purely accidental *grins evilly*
Fisrt off: How to make the Macro!!
- Right click an empty slot or the spell icon on your toolbar that you want to add macro commands to or that has a macro you wish to edit.
- Type a name for your macro in the designated field if it does not already have one.
- Now simply type in the commands you want to use for this Macro or edit the existing ones already there.
- TA-DA! A macro is born.
Groovy Necro Macros list:
Have all exsting Pets and minions attack your target:
Have your pet use its grafts and Taunt your target:
/cast "Fist of --insert name of ability here--"
/cast "Claw of --insert name of ability here--"
Note: The /cast command is case sensitive. Once you have the graft in it's slot, mouse over the graft's ability icon on your pet control bar and use the ability name exactly as it is called in the tooltip.
Have your pet and minions disengage a target and return to you:
Loot the targeted corpse and then Necropsy it:
This short macro either fully loots a corpse without confirmation or it casts necropsy. If the corpse has loot then click again for necrospy.
Target the Main Tank;s target have your pet / minions attack it:
Target options: what can I target via text macro?
- /targetauto "name" (Sets your automatic target to the name in quotes)
- /targetdefensive "name" (Sets your Defensive target to the name provided)
- /targetoffensive "name" (Sets your offensive target to the name provided)
- /targetgroupmember # (Sets your Defensive target to thegroup member number you gave. you are group number 1, then count downward on your group list)
- /targetself (Sets yourself as your defensive target.. Duh)
- /targetnearestnpc (Sets the nearest NPC as your offensive target)
- /targetnearestpc (Sets the nearest PC as your defensive target)
- /targetmynearestcorpse (Sets your nearest tombstone as your offensive target)
- /targetnearestpccorpse (Sets the nearest PC tombstone as your offensive target)
- /targetnextcorpse (targets the next corpse as your targeted offensive target)
- /targetnextnode (Selects the next nearest harvesting node as your offensive target)
- /targetnextnpc (Selects your offensive target to the next nearest NPC)
- /targetnextpcdefensive (Selects your defensive target to be the next nearest PC)
Loot your corpse quick!
Quit casting current spell and fire off that counterspell:
/cast “Annul Magic I”
Follow someone (aka autopilot ):
you can also type /follow while targeting the person you wish to follow.
Find an specific NPC or other Targetable character nearby:
/targetauto (Only need first name)
You only need the first name. This works with anything (NPC, Resource, etc), just enter the text of the target. If there are spaces, enclose it in quotes ("this space").
Give your abomination a specific name:
/petname --insert petname here--
Currently when you log out or the pet dies it will forget it's name so you will have to do to name it again.
Have your pet backoff and quit attacking right before you MEZ a target:
/cast "Spirit Trap I"
In case you wanted to know all possible pet commands, here you go:
- /pet attack
- /pet follow
- /pet backoff
- /pet assistmealways
- /pet stay
- /pet dismiss
- /pet toggledefendself
- /pet guard
- /minions attack
- /minions backoff
- /minions resumebehavior
- /minions follow
- /minions dismiss
If you know a good addition to this list, send it on in and I'll add it to the Macro List.